Here’s a List of Learning Resources About Mentoring!
14 Useful mentoring websites
- www.momentee.tumblr.com-Offers interviews and tips from mentees about how mentors benefited them.
- www.meetup.com-Offers meetups by industry and interest. Great place to make industry contacts and meet mentors.
- www.achievement.org-Provides brief biographies of top achievers in history, great place for inspirational mentors.
- http://www.mentornet.net- Matches engineering and science students with e-mentors.
- www.womeninfinance.org-Offers mentor matching program, events, and articles for women in finance
- www.medicalmentor.org-Offers resources and mentoring to aspiring health professionals.
- www.gottamentor.com- Offers Q&A with mentors in various fields
- www.jobshadow.com- Offers transcripts of jobshadow interviews with professionals in various fields. Great way to brush up on your industry before an interview.
- www.micromentor.org-Offers mentor matching, articles, and resources for small business owners.
- http://www.ed2010.com-Great mentor resource for those interested in the publishing and magazine industry. Offers 60- minute mentoring sessions.
- www.Thecompletelawyer.com-Offers articles and tips on navigating a law career. Has good advice for finding mentors and sponsors.
- www.under30ceo.com-Great resource for articles, tips, and networking for young entrepreneurs.
- http://www.mindtools.com-Great website for developing career skills. They have some great articles and tools.
- www.mentoring.org- Great site to find local opportunities to be a mentor.
1. Getting New Hires Up to Speed Quickly
By Keith Rollag, Salvatore Parise and Rob Cross (Winter 2005)
The key to making new employees productive quickly, known as “rapid
on-boarding,” is to help them immediately build an informational network
Gen Juice spoke with young adults throughout the world and here is who they admire.
Click link above to read.
By Elizabeth Collins
“The ideal mentor is a network of mentors-from all levels of your organization.”
By Bert Gervais
Three reasons why motivated young adults should connect with mentors.
By Dawn E. Chandler, Lillian Ebby And Stacy E. Mcmanus of the Wall Street Journal
A good relationship can help both mentor and protégé. Here’s how to make sure that happens.
Does mentoring have a dollar impact on mentors? Click link to above case study to find out.
By Linda Hill, Harvard Business Review
Maxwell’s book is a great, concise, refresher of the simple basics
that make mentoring so powerful.
By John C. Maxwell
Who’s in Your Top Hive is the Ultimate Young Professionals Guide for creating
high-impact mentor relationships and enjoying above average career growth!
By Bert Gervais.
Filled with case studies and examples this book is great for mentees, mentors,
and mentor coordinators in high potential programs.
By Ellen Ensher and Susan Murphy.